Below is a list of some do's and dont's when preparing files for commercial printing.
- Pantone Colors: When designating Pantone Colors in a design layout never alter color names from stock Pantone names. Altering names can cause prepress and press software to ignore the color and print a incorrect color or reject the file.
- Fonts: When outputting a PDF of your layout for printing be sure to select "Embed all Fonts" or "Do Not Subset Fonts" in the final PDF document. Failure to do so can cause fonts to appear incorrectly or substitute characters to appear in place of punctuations.
- Color Mode: Files for commercial printing require all layout elements to be in the CMYK ( 4 color mode ). Please be sure to convert all RGB ( 3 color mode ) images and artwork to CMYK ( 4 color mode ). Failure to do so can cause your file print images or artwork poorly or to be reject by prepress or press software. We recommend converting your images to CMYK using U.S. Web ( SWOP ) Coated V2 profile.
- Web Images & Artwork: Artwork and images should be of a technical quality sufficient to allow for high resolution commercial printing. Please DO NOT use artwork or images downloaded from the internet or taken from web pages / sites in layouts for commercial printing. Files created for web use are of a resolution far too low for high quality commercial printing.
- Image & Artwork Resolution: All images and artwork should be at least 300dpi ( dots per inch ) also termed 300ppi ( pixels per inch ) at the dimension listed on the print piece or greater at 300dpi/pip and uploaded in JPEG or PDF format.
Have a question or need help.
- Contact Us Online: Use the form at the right.
- Contact Us by Phone: Ask to speak to a Sales Representative.
- Online Assistance: Use our handy eHelp Desk.
Official Printer of the
Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins
Bayard Printing Group | One Maynard Street | Williamsport, PA 17701 | Toll Free: 800-432-8738 | Fax: 570-323-8538
This site and it's contents are protected by United States and International copyright law. Reproduction in whole or in part is prohibited.